Transfer: Standard Liege boss regrets not signing Nigerian forward, Boniface

Forum 1 year ago

Transfer: Standard Liege boss regrets not signing Nigerian forward, Boniface

Standard Liege manager, Ronny Deila has revealed he regrets not signing Nigeria forward, Victor Boniface when he had the chance.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dba0758c5d7739c4f7849b39bd49f862.png

Deila had the chance to sign Boniface during his stint as head coach of Norwegian club, Valeranga but instead ignored the player.

The young striker later moved to Belgian Pro League outfit, Union Saint Gilloise from another Norwegian side, Bodo/Glimt for around €2.2m.

Boniface has since flourished at Union Saint Gilloise, netting 11 times in Europe this season.

Deila stated that not signing the player is one of his biggest transfer regrets.

“I haven’t made many mistakes in my career transfer-wise, but not signing him (Boniface) is one of my biggest regrets,” Deila said, as per Walfoot.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 4 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 4 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 5 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024