Racial Profiling: Actress Mary Njoku, Husband, Jason Suffer Racism In Italy

Forum 1 year ago

Racial Profiling: Actress Mary Njoku, Husband, Jason Suffer Racism In Italy

Jason Njoku, the Nigerian bysinessman and husband to Nollywood actress, Mary Njoku, has told a startling story.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/898f7b052d50beec0599cd5fadb36285.jpg

He recounted how he and his wife suffered racial profiling during one of their trips to Venice, Italy.

The father of three said after they arrived at the airport, Immigration officials asked them when they will be returning to their country because they assume every black person comes to Italy to hustle.

He said they showed the officials their first-class tickets and asked them whether they look like people who came to hustle.

He vowed never to live in Europe again after the racial profiling.

In a tweet, Njoku wrote, “@MrsMaryNjoku & I flew to Venice in March. Immigration asked for our return tix. Not how long are we staying o? But can they see our return tix?

"We burst out laughing. Immigration was [sad]. Said it’s a ‘normal question’. Gave them our 1st class boarding tix, and asked them do we look like people here to hustle? We’re staying at St Regis &are here for 3 nights.

"They let us through. No need for showing any tix again. Walahi I personally can NEVER live in Europe again. We just need a strong [Nigeria]. But we all know it’s increasingly getting worst.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Between The Temples Release Date Set for Jason Schwartzman Comedy Movie