UCL: Ancelotti supports Todd Boehly over latest decision on Chelsea players

Forum 1 year ago

UCL: Ancelotti supports Todd Boehly over latest decision on Chelsea players

Real Madrid boss, Carlo Ancelott, has insisted that Chelsea co-owner, Todd Boehly has the right to criticise the Blues’ players in the dressing room after games.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f321d1fb3873e78443f6b53b313ca65b.jpg

Boehly had labelled Chelsea’s current situation’ embarrassing’ when he addressed Frank Lampard’s men after their Premier League 2-1 defeat to Brighton at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Boehly also singled out one senior Chelsea player for criticism after the team’s third successive defeat under Lampard this season.

Speaking ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League quarter-final second-leg tie with Chelsea on Tuesday night, Ancelotti said Boehly should be allowed to give his judgment directly to the Chelsea squad.

“From the owners, it could be an important motivation for the players,” Ancelotti said at his pre-match press conference ahead of the game.

“The Chelsea moment isn’t a good moment, I think having the support of the club could inspire the players to play better.

“I think it is a good move to do this and if the clubs want to come and talk to the players I have no problem, absolutely.

“If he [Real Madrid’s president] wants to talk to me every game I’m pleased because I think the owner has the right to know what are the decisions of the managers, so it’s the right of the club to know what the manager does.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United
Forum | 5 days ago

SPORT 19 mins ago Mohammed urges Tornadoes players to forget defeat to Doma United