How 49-Year-Old Man Landed In Trouble For Allegedly Stealing 245 Car Tyres Worth N4.2 Million

Forum 1 year ago

How 49-Year-Old Man Landed In Trouble For Allegedly Stealing 245 Car Tyres Worth N4.2 Million

Anthony Owusi, a 49-year-old man, has been dragged to court in Lagos.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6a3cf28374461af16eacad6dc15f0139.jpg

The man, who allegedly stole 245 pieces of car tyres, has appeared before an Ojo Magistrate’s Court in Lagos.

Owusi is charged with conspiracy and theft before Magistrate L.J.K Layeni, he, however, pleaded not guilty to the allegations.

The Prosecution Counsel. Dr Simon Uche told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Sept. 5, 2022, in the Akinbayode area of Ojo.

He alleged that the defendant and others who are now at large, conspired to steal about 245 pieces of different sizes of car tyres belonging to the complainant, Chukwudi Emele.

The prosecutor said the tyres were worth N4.2 million.

According to the prosecution, the offence contravenes the provisions of sections 287 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.

Layeni granted the defendant bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum. He adjourned the case until May 17 for trial.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’