"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Ogun NNPP gov candidate denies perjury allegation

Forum 1 year ago

Ogun NNPP gov candidate denies perjury allegation

Serious crisis is brewing in the Ogun State chapter of the New Nigeria People’s Party over the allegation of perjury levelled against the governorship candidate of the party in the state, Olufemi Oguntoyinbo.

While the governorship candidate insisted he is from Ogun State, the state chairman of the party, Sunday Oginni, said it had been discovered that Oguntoyinbo hailed from Ibadan, Oyo State.

The crisis was escalated after a socio-democratic group, Yewa Young Frontliners, asked the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services to investigate the allegations of impersonation by Oguntoyinbo.

The group had written a petition to the security agencies, claiming that Oguntoyinbo falsely declared himself as an indigene of Ogun State, which it described as a violation of the law.

YYF Chairman, Adekunle Olatunji, insisted that Oguntoyinbo committed perjury by allegedly lying on oath, saying he should be investigated and prosecuted.

He said, “Our findings revealed that Olufemi Ajadi is not from Ogun State nor is he from any Iyalode dynasty family in Ilaro. It is a scam for him to pretend and lie under oath that he is from Ogun State when findings have revealed that he is an indigene of Oyo State.”

Reacting to the issue, the chairman of NNPP in Ogun State, Oginni, said the party had also conducted background checks and discovered that Oguntoyinbo is from Oyo State.

Oginni said, “We set up our independent panel to check, and we discovered that the man is from Oyo State, not from Ogun State, at all. .

“The party is youth-empowered, and we are looking forward to a better Nigeria. In Ogun State, we have been deceived once, and we can’t be deceived twice.

“The implication of perjury is 14 years’ imprisonment, and we pray that this won’t escalate to the point of leading you to prison.”

But when contacted, Oguntoyinbo dismissed the claim, saying, “I have repeatedly informed the media that my paternal lineage originates from Oyo State while my maternal lineage comes from Ilaro.

“It is natural to have a mother’s home, if there is a father’s home. Therefore, I urge them to furnish me with additional information, and I intend to pursue legal action regarding this matter.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zamfara APC: Birinin Magaji ward denies suspension of Jaji, sanctions secretary, others
Forum | 23 hours ago

Zamfara APC: Birinin Magaji ward denies suspension of Jaji, sanctions secretary, others

Ogun: 3 cable vandals bag 6 years imprisonment
Forum | 2 days ago

Ogun: 3 cable vandals bag 6 years imprisonment

Nicki DaBarbie saga: Mayorkun denies knowing influencer, vows to press charges against her
Forum | 3 days ago

Nicki DaBarbie saga: Mayorkun denies knowing influencer, vows to press charges against her

32 passengers escape death in Ogun multiple road accident
Forum | 4 days ago

32 passengers escape death in Ogun multiple road accident