Ondo Police parades 4 suspected principal killers of Uber driver

Forum 1 year ago

Ondo Police parades 4 suspected principal killers of Uber driver

Akure —Ondo State Police Command, yesterday, paraded four principal suspected killers of the 25-year-old Uber driver, Olorunfemi Temitope, who was accused of being an internet fraudster after his vehicle crushed four persons to death.

They are Amos Victor, Dorotoye Ismaila, Samuel Olatunji and Pelumi Farotimi.

Seven suspects were arrested by police detectives in respect of the killing.

Six other persons sustained serious injuries in the crash which occured last week Monday at ljoka area in Akure metropolis.

It would be recalled that the mob alleged they found some fetish items in his vehicle and concluded he was a ‘Yahoo Boy’ and thereafter lynched him and set the vehicle ablaze.

Police arrest man over kidnap, murder of 3-yr-old in Katsina

His parents, who rushed to the scene to save him were almost lynched by the mob.

The deceased’s mother, Mojisola Olorunfemi, and wife, Mosunmola Bosede, have denied that he was a ‘Yahoo boy” but Uber driver, who came visiting them for the Easter festivity.

I was moved by those he crushed to death —Suspect

In an interview, one of the suspects paraded, a painter, Amos Victor, 30 years, said he actually participated in the act because he was moved by those his vehicle crushed to death.

According to him, “On getting to the scene of the incident, the deceased had been beaten to a pulp and was soaked in his blood. The Okada rider beat him mercilessly. I didn’t even know those that stoned him.

“On getting to the scene, I was moved by the bodies of those that he killed and that made me to pick up a stone and hit him on the head. I didn’t even know that he’s the younger brother of my friend.

“When I gave him some punches, he held on to my leg and in order to release myself from his grip before he could drag me into the gutter, I tried to choke him on his neck.

“It’s true that I saw small coffin and tortoise inside the car before it was burnt. But I was no longer there when the car was set ablaze.

“I was not arrested by the police. I went to report myself at Ala Police Station when my picture was being circulated as part of those who participated in the beating. I told the police that I beat and stoned him but I did not kill him.”

We know nothing about the incident—Other suspects

Another suspect, Samuel Olatunji, 20, said: “I did not know anything about the incident. They lied against me that I was among those that beat the deceased. I know nothing about the incident. I was arrested at Davoc, Ijoka. I’m a barber and they came to arrest me in my shop.

“I was in my shop when the incident happened but I went to the place briefly. I didn’t touch the deceased all through.”

Also, speaking, Ismaila Durotoye, 32, said: “I was not at the scene of the accident. I’m an Okada rider. The police arrested me at the Intercontinental Axis in Akure.

“When the incident happened, I was carrying passengers at Oda road. But I stay at Ijoka.”

The fourth suspect, Pelumi Farotimi, 42, said: “I was not at home throughout that day. I work with the Ondo State Park Management and I’m the unit secretary. I was actually at Benin Garage on the day the incident happened.”

Briefing newsmen, the spokesperson for the command, Funmi Odunlami, said: “Last week Monday, we had a case of jungle justice in Akure in which a young man, who was driving on Ijoka Road had an accident and unfortunately killed one commercial motorcyclist and injured six others.

“Unfortunately, those who were around ought to have helped but resorted to jungle justice. Some of the people have been arrested. Seven people are in custody but four principal suspects are here.

“Jungle justice is illegal, it’s against the law. There is a reason there is the police. It’s wrong for anybody to kill another person under the guise that the person had killed someone else.

“We are not through with the arrest of suspects. Some suspects are still at large. After investigation, all suspects involved will be charged with arson and murder.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Edo: Police nab members of State Security Network over alleged murder
Forum | 11 hours ago

Edo: Police nab members of State Security Network over alleged murder

VeryDarkMan lands in trouble, arrested by Police again
Forum | 13 hours ago

VeryDarkMan lands in trouble, arrested by Police again

Police parade 17 suspects, rescue victims, recover fire arms in Imo
Forum | 2 days ago

Police parade 17 suspects, rescue victims, recover fire arms in Imo

Police arrest two suspected armed robbers, two buyers of stolen properties in Delta
Forum | 2 days ago

Police arrest two suspected armed robbers, two buyers of stolen properties in Delta