Islamic Cleric Arrested For Threatening To Kill Policeman (Video)

Forum 1 year ago

Islamic Cleric Arrested For Threatening To Kill Policeman (Video)

The Nigerian Police Command has arrested an Islamic cleric in Oyo State, Ahmed Atidade, over threats to kill an officer.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/96c24659b10d966179bb0db227ea0a70.jpeg
The Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said the incident happened on February 4, 2023.

According to Adejobi, the policeman was on stop-and-search duty along the Ibadan Express Road, in Oyo State before the cleric “assaulted and threatened to kill the officers who stopped his vehicle for routine checks and questioning.”

Adejobi stated that the 28-year-old Islamic cleric “was subsequently arrested and charged to court.”

He said the police will not allow anyone to undermine and ridicule its officers and the policing system in Nigeria.

He added that citizens have the responsibility to respect law enforcement agents, “who work day and night to ensure the security of our nation.”

The police spokesman stressed that, “We will do everything possible to defend our officers who carry out their duties diligently and legally from being harassed or attacked by any individual or group of persons.”

In the viral video, the cleric, dressed in an agbada with his turban, could be heard telling the cops by the roadside that: “Me, I will kill you. My father is a very big person in this Oyo State. Olore is my father. I will show you. I’m with your bosses. I have power. You’re mad, you’re foolish. Carry me to the station, I will show you I’m bigger than you.”

Watch video below;

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 1 day ago