"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Ex-Super Eagles star, Ebiede is dead

Forum 1 year ago

Ex-Super Eagles star, Ebiede is dead

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Emmanuel Ebiede, has died after suffering Hepatomegaly (enlargement of the liver), according to reports.

Ebiede passed on Friday in Port Harcourt at the Rivers State University Teaching Hospital.

He was a member of the Flying Eagles squad at the African Youth Championship in 1995.

United Kingdom-based football administrator, David Doherty confirmed the death of the former SC Heerenveen player.

Doherty said, “I just spoke with the daughter who confirmed to me that Emmanuel is dead.

“I’m very sad as we speak. This was someone whom I spoke with two days ago to know how he was faring.”

Doherty had gone on a campaign to raise funds for Ebiede’s treatment at the time the news broke about his condition.

Ebiede had two caps for the Super Eagles, making his debut under Serbian Bora Milutinovic in the 1-0 win over Iran in a pre-1998 World Cup friendly on January 28, 1998.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bill Nighy, Matt Smith, & More to Star in New Drama Movie Written by Sarah Polley
Forum | 18 hours ago

Bill Nighy, Matt Smith, & More to Star in New Drama Movie Written by Sarah Polley

28 Years Later: Cillian Murphy Will Return to Star in Danny Boyle’s Horror Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

28 Years Later: Cillian Murphy Will Return to Star in Danny Boyle’s Horror Sequel

American Sweatshop: Lili Reinhart to Star in Social Media Thriller
Forum | 1 day ago

American Sweatshop: Lili Reinhart to Star in Social Media Thriller

2026 WCQ: Aina battle ready for Super Eagles vs Bafana Bafana
Forum | 1 day ago

2026 WCQ: Aina battle ready for Super Eagles vs Bafana Bafana