Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Photo)

Forum 1 year ago

Final Year UNICAL Medical Student Commits Suicide (Photo)

The final year student of the Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science, University of Calabar allegedly took his own life in his apartment, off the University campus, on Wednesday, April 12, 2023.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d212f00f36c74e81d1589be85d2c7a70.jpg

According to Grassroot Reporters, his body was discovered by his cousin who saw him dangling in the toilet with a rope on his neck, and quickly alerted neighbours.

He was quickly rushed to the hospital and was declared dead by the doctor on duty.

The reason for taking his own life is yet to be ascertained as of the time of this report.

Stanley, who was full of energy and life a day before the sad incident, was said to be preparing for his professional exams scheduled for next month.

A classmate of the deceased who preferred not to be named, described the incident as saddening.

"I can't believe Stanley is gone. He was doing well academically, one wonders what could have made him commit suicide." She said.

Effort to get the reaction of the the Cross River State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Irene Ugbo proved abortive.

When contacted, Prof. Florence Obi, the Vice Chancellor of the University said she is yet to be briefed on the incident.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 2 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

Quentin Tarantino No Longer Directing The Movie Critic as Final Movie

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment