Robert Lewandowski makes admission over post-World Cup form struggles

Forum 1 year ago

Robert Lewandowski makes admission over post-World Cup form struggles

Robert Lewandowski has confessed he has struggled to showcase his best form for Barcelona since the World Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fe5ec8de776282c829b08b5a7ef0d351.jpg

The Pole was typically prolific during the first half of the season, bagging 13 goals in 14 La Liga games before jetting off to Qatar, but has found the back of the net just four times in his ten outings since the tournament's conclusion in December.

Despite the obvious statistical drop-off, Barcelona are cruising at the top of the table, sitting 13 points ahead of rivals Real Madrid, and Lewandowski insisted team success is always more important than individual glory.

"I will never be happy, regardless of the goals I score," Lewandowski said during the presentation of the latest release of Relatos Solidarios del Deporte. "After the World Cup, I have scored less, but the whole team has not been good in recent games.

"Although we will improve. It's been difficult, I don't know why, but I'm sure that in these remaining ten games we'll be as usual, not like now. I know the people want me to score. I know I can do it and as a team we can play better. At Barcelona , ​​it's not just about winning, it's also about scoring goals."

Lewandowski went on to insist comparing him to his previous form with former employers Bayern Munich does not make sense.

"They are different tournaments and teams," he continued. "In a few months, you can't change everything.

"We've lacked players due to injuries. We have tried to achieve our goals, but I already knew that the first year would be difficult. And in recent weeks, I know that I haven't been perfect. We have to be patient and in the coming weeks, we will be better. Next season will also be better, for sure.

"It's important for everyone to win La Liga, for the youngsters, for me...it's a great title. We all work together, not only to win the trophy, but to improve as a team. We are focused on La Liga. We don't think about how many points we are ahead of Real Madrid, but about winning and doing better."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement
Forum | 34 mins ago

Robert De Niro Didn’t Yell at Pro-Palestinian Rally in Video, Issues Statement

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques
Forum | 45 mins ago

Robert Downey Jr. Defends Thor Against Chris Hemsworth’s Critiques

UCL: Well done – Thierry Henry hails Sancho for overcoming mental struggles at Manchester United
Forum | 13 hours ago

UCL: Well done – Thierry Henry hails Sancho for overcoming mental struggles at Manchester United

FUTMINNA Pre-Degree/IJMB Programmes admission form, 2024/2025
Forum | 13 hours ago

FUTMINNA Pre-Degree/IJMB Programmes admission form, 2024/2025