Tinubu, Biden among 100 world’s most influential people

Forum 1 year ago

Tinubu, Biden among 100 world’s most influential people

American magazine, Time, has named President-elect, Bola Tinubu, among the 100 most influential persons across the world in 2023.

Speaking on how Tinubu merited the list, the magazine stated, “Winning an election in Africa’s most populous country is no easy feat. But Nigeria’s newly elected President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has had nearly two decades to prepare.

“Called Jagaban, or “leader of the warriors,” by his supporters, the now 71-year-old ran in a presidential election for the first time this March. His campaign slogan, “It’s my turn,” was a nod to his role as a longtime political power broker.”

Time, further delved into the past how the former Lagos governor fought military regimes to return democracy.

“Tinubu helped restore the country’s democracy in 1999 after fighting military rule and then served two consecutive terms as governor of Lagos,” it added.

Among top world figures that made the list is the President of the United States, Joe Biden.

Also, both Paris Saint-Germain stars of Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe made the list among sportsmen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 3 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 5 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 5 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 5 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja