UCL: Why Chelsea lost 2-0 to Real Madrid – Lampard

Forum 1 year ago

UCL: Why Chelsea lost 2-0 to Real Madrid – Lampard

Chelsea’s interim manager, Frank Lampard has claimed his players lack self belief following their 2-0 defeat at Real Madrid on Wednesday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/783d2457b44ae59b3a34a898dbb62e85.jpg

The LaLiga champions beat the Blues 2-0 at home to claim a good advantage ahead of the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio scored for Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Chelsea were also reduced to 10 men, after Ben Chilwell saw red for fouling Rodrygo.

“I’m proud of the 10 men. The disappointing thing is we give away a set-piece and switch off. I don’t think they carved us open at 10 men.

“There is a lot there for us, as good a team as they are. There’s a bit of a lack of belief. The players don’t know how good they are.

Next week will be a big fight,” Lampard told BT Sport.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: They’ve dangerous players – Ferdinand predicts winner of Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich

UCL: Didn’t do enough – Mbappe takes blame for PSG’s defeat to Dortmund
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Didn’t do enough – Mbappe takes blame for PSG’s defeat to Dortmund

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Chelsea targets Adarabioyo as replacement for Silva