Real Madrid vs Chelsea: Carlo Ancelotti names best player on pitch during UCL 2-0 win

Forum 1 year ago

Real Madrid vs Chelsea: Carlo Ancelotti names best player on pitch during UCL 2-0 win

Real Madrid head coach, Carlo Ancelotti, has named midfielder, Federico Valverde as the best player on the pitch during his side’s Champions League 2-0 win against Chelsea on Wednesday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d9abee508b9d7a237a93279ed05b4609.png

Ancelotti said that Valverde brought so much energy and was very aware of his positioning during Real Madrid’s clash with Chelsea in the Champions League quarter-final first-leg tie at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Goals from Karim Benzema and Marco Asensio ensured the La Liga champions defeated the Premier League giants in Spain.

He [Valverde] was the best player on the pitch. He brought so much energy and he was very aware of his positioning,” Ancelotti told reporters at his post-match press conference.

“He managed the defensive side of things with Kroos really well and was brilliant at recovering the ball after the opening 10 minutes when we made a few slight adjustments,” he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Chelsea’s dominant win reflects team’s renewed spirit – Pochettino
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s dominant win reflects team’s renewed spirit – Pochettino

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Cole Palmer continues to rewrite Chelsea history, matching Drogba, Lampard records

LaLiga: Xavi reacts as Barcelona’s defeat hands Real Madrid 36th title
Forum | 1 day ago

LaLiga: Xavi reacts as Barcelona’s defeat hands Real Madrid 36th title

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star