Todd Boehly makes huge prediction for Real Madrid vs Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Todd Boehly makes huge prediction for Real Madrid vs Chelsea

Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly has sensationally predicted a 3-0 victory for the Blues in Wednesday's Champions League clash with holders Real Madrid.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3427722e5da3d5afec0fd32c23972255.jpg

Having seen their domestic campaign collapse in dramatic fashion, Chelsea's sole focus for the remainder of the season is on success in the Champions League as winning the trophy is likely their only route back to the competition next season.

Chelsea head to the Santiago Bernabeu on a run of four games without a win, having recently fallen 1-0 to Wolves in the first game under the watch of caretaker boss Frank Lampard, but Boehly is choosing to keep positive.

"Chelsea's going to win," he told El Chiringuito. "Three-nil."

With all hopes of finishing in the Premier League's top four long gone, Chelsea must win the Champions League if they are to remain in Europe's top competition next season - the same boat in which the Blues found themselves in 2012.

Interim boss Roberto Di Matteo pulled off a miracle back then and it's now over to Lampard, who played in the final 11 years ago, to steer Chelsea to glory once again.

"I have not spoken to [Di Matteo]," Lampard told the press ahead of the game. "I have exchanged some messages with a few people – obviously, a lot of people are Chelsea-related, Guus Hiddink, ex-managers and people in the game.

"There are parallels in probably a simple sense, we are ex-players. But the year Robbie was here he was an assistant and had a big awareness of the squad and got the job earlier in the year than I did. He did an amazing job. I remember big parts of why he achieved what he achieved. My situation is different in practice… I think I have to be careful making that parallel.

"We have very tough games in front of us. So there’s a lot of work to be done but we’re very committed to trying to, if we can, create our own little bit of history."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 1 day ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 1 day ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino