Frank Lampard discusses James Corden's recommendation to Todd Boehly

Forum 1 year ago

Frank Lampard discusses James Corden's recommendation to Todd Boehly

Chelsea caretaker manager Frank Lampard has been asked about a report that he was recommended for the role by actor and presenter James Corden.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/45bf55870f90319affb1510da3c75e9a.jpg

Lampard agreed to a sensational return to Stamford Bridge on a deal until the end of the season last week, with the Blues continuing their search for a permanent successor to Graham Potter.

The move came as a surprise to the footballing world. Lampard - Chelsea's all-time record scorer - managed the club between 2019 and 2021, promoting young players and playing exciting football but ultimately failing to maintain results in his second season. He was replaced by Thomas Tuchel, who won the UEFA Champions League five months after being hired.

Lampard joined Everton in 2022 and helped steer them clear from relegation, but was dismissed in January with the threat of the drop looming large once more.

The Sun reported at the end of last week that Chelsea's American chairman and co-owner Todd Boehly sought the opinion of Corden - a West Ham fan but a hugely famous figure in both England and the United States - in regards to a caretaker manager.

Corden and Lampard were said to be friends having worked together on television before, with the former suggesting to appoint the latter.

Lampard was asked about this report at a press conference ahead of Chelsea's trip to Real Madrid in the Champions League on Wednesday evening.

"I saw the headline of James Corden but I am not aware if it is true or not. But it is obviously a great headline to put together," Lampard told reporters.

"I think you have to respect they would make a decision based on more than one person."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Henry Cavill’s Superman Exit Wasn’t Pre-Planned, James Gunn Says
Forum | 2 days ago

Henry Cavill’s Superman Exit Wasn’t Pre-Planned, James Gunn Says

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 6 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 1 week ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show