Julian Brandt spurns Premier League interest to sign new Borussia Dortmund contract

Forum 1 year ago

Julian Brandt spurns Premier League interest to sign new Borussia Dortmund contract

Borussia Dortmund have announced that Julian Brandt has signed a new contract running until 2026 at Signal-Iduna Park.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a1316cdf47e0823e7625a3d62bee670f.jpg

The midfielder's previous deal was set to expire next summer and BVB had been working hard behind the scenes to finalise fresh terms.

90min reported in March that Dortmund were confident of tying Brandt down to a new contract amid interest from English sides Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City and Newcastle United, while Italian clubs Inter and Napoli were also keeping a watchful eye on negotiations.

And it seems Dortmund's confidence was well placed as they confirmed on Tuesday that Brandt has committed his future to the club.

Speaking in a club statement, Brandt said: "Even after four years, I still have a lot of fun every single day being part of this very team, standing on the pitch with these guys and playing football for this highly emotional club with its extraordinary fans.

"To be honest, the feeling of being in the right place at the right time has always been the most important point in my sporting life.

"And that won't change either. I'm looking forward to the next few years in black and yellow and I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to celebrate something big together."

Brandt's Dortmund still have hopes of wrestling the Bundesliga title away from Bayern Munich this season, sitting just two points behind the champions in the table.

Dortmund were recently defeated 4-2 by Bayern at the Allianz Arena in what could turn out to be a huge result in the title race.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League
Forum | 1 hour ago

Championship: Ndidi celebrates Leicester City’s return to Premier League

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 14 hours ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 18 hours ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Flaunts New $200K Diamond Encrusted Teeth