Ajibola’s death, big loss to the world – Envoy

Forum 1 year ago

Ajibola’s death, big loss to the world – Envoy

The High Commissioner of Nigeria to the United Kingdom, Sarafa Isola, has described the death of a former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola, SAN, as a big loss to the entire world.

The envoy, in a condolence letter to the eldest child of the deceased, Prince Segun Ajibola, SAN, noted that the deceased was an outstanding lawyer and eminent jurist, a noble prince, a Godly humanist, an adherent Muslim, a quintessential diplomat and a committed educationist.

“His contributions to the legal field and Nigeria’s diplomatic efforts were invaluable. His footprints in the field of education, as founder of Crescent University, Abeokuta, will remain indelible, and his legacies will be remembered for generations to come,” Ishola remarked.

According to the ambassador, “As an erstwhile Attorney-General of Nigeria and President of Nigerian Bar Association, a former Judge of the International Court of Justice in Hague, and past High Commissioner of Nigeria to the United Kingdom, he served his country with distinction, dignity, and honour.”

He noted that Ajibola’s tireless efforts in the promotion of the rule of law, human rights and justice were sources of inspiration to many, and his impact on the legal profession was profound, as he received both national and international accolades.

“Please know that my thoughts and prayers and that of the entire Nigeria High Commission are with you and your family at this poignant moment. I hope that you will find comfort in the knowledge that your father’s contributions and achievements will continue to be celebrated and honoured for many years to come,” he added.

“While praying to God, The Almighty, to grant him Jannatul Firdaus, I also pray that He provides you and all the loved ones that he has left behind, the courage to bear this painful loss. Please accept my condolences,” Ishola stated.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries
Forum | 2 days ago

The Big Cigar Trailer: André Holland Leads Apple TV+ Miniseries