Jurgen Klopp insists he has 'energy' to save Liverpool's season

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp insists he has 'energy' to save Liverpool's season

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has assured fans that he remains energised as he prepares to try and fix the Reds' nightmare season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e5032eaedc3223644a02988edded11ee.jpg

Ahead of Sunday's visit from league leaders Arsenal, Liverpool sit eighth in the Premier League table, 13 points adrift of the top four and facing an uphill battle to even qualify for any form of European football next season.

Having faced significant questions over his suitability for the task at hand, Klopp was adamant he is no stranger to overcoming adversity.

"I have no problem with re-energising. It is part of the job," he said. "At the start of my career, I worked for Mainz who lost most games because they didn’t have a chance.

"If I’d ever doubted myself, that would have been tricky for me. I never thought I am the best manager or the worst.

"It’s just a situation at the moment that we have to get through. I understand football and know a lot about human beings. Sometimes you just need time in a world where we don’t have time. It’s not that I’m super-patient and say 'ok, no problem, we will sort that next week'. That’s not my nature to be honest but, really, my energy is not an issue."

Klopp also took the opportunity to defend the under-fire Virgil van Dijk who, like many of Liverpool's stars, has fallen short of his lofty expectations this season.

"Virge is not under pressure to be a leader, he is a leader. Always was," Klopp assured supporters.

"Organising the line is a massive thing but it’s not that he started now becoming a leader. It was always the case."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players

Vanderpump Rules Season 12 Delayed by Bravo, Report Suggests
Forum | 2 days ago

Vanderpump Rules Season 12 Delayed by Bravo, Report Suggests

Tulsa King Season 2 Cast Adds Yellowstone’s Neal McDonough
Forum | 2 days ago

Tulsa King Season 2 Cast Adds Yellowstone’s Neal McDonough

Cross: Amazon Renews Aldis Hodge Series for Season 2, Season 1 Still Doesn’t Have Premiere Date
Forum | 2 days ago

Cross: Amazon Renews Aldis Hodge Series for Season 2, Season 1 Still Doesn’t Have Premiere Date