Jurgen Klopp hails Arsenal's approach to transfers ahead of Liverpool rebuild

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp hails Arsenal's approach to transfers ahead of Liverpool rebuild

Jurgen Klopp has admitted Arsenal are an example to follow when it comes to rebuilding a squad.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ab415862353d4243ef13bf60aadcade6.jpg

Liverpool have massively underperformed expectations this season and have had various weaknesses in their team exposed, emphasising the need to bring in fresh blood this summer.

Ahead of their crunch clash with Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday, Klopp praised the work done by Mikel Arteta and the Gunners in transforming the team into genuine title contenders.

"Arsenal deserves [to be] where they are. I know people are asking for time for managers but I really think Mikel deserved each minute he got there when it was not going incredibly well," Klopp said at his pre-match press conference.

"Good transfers, brought in super important players but not too many. The difference is whatever we do next year will never be enough from people's point of view and your point of view.

"But yes with smart recruitment we will improve - definitely. That is the plan. And I think this club has a chance to go through this in a classy way.

"We cannot make 24 changes and say 'here we go' - not even ten - but it is just that we have to make changes - smart changes - and then we go again."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special
Forum | 21 hours ago

Lego Star Wars: Rebuild the Galaxy Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Disney+ Special

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland
Forum | 1 day ago

Arsenal’s Raya names striker better than Erling Haaland

EPL: Salah equals Wayne Rooney’s record after Liverpool beat Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Salah equals Wayne Rooney’s record after Liverpool beat Tottenham

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I’ve never seen a player like this before, unbelievable – Havertz hails Arsenal star