"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Man hires kidnappers to kidnap brother’s 7 year-old son, kills him after collecting N300k ransom

Forum 4 years ago

Man hires kidnappers to kidnap brother’s 7 year-old son, kills him after collecting N300k ransom

Four men are currently in police net for allegedly kidnapping and killing a seven-year-old boy, Abdulmalik Musa, after collecting a N300,000 ransom for his release.

The suspects, including the victim’s uncle, Faruq Seidu, allegedly committed the heinous act after collecting N300,000 ransom from the victim’s parents

The police spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, paraded the suspects at the crime scene in Lafenwa, Abeokuta South LGA on Monday.

Oyeyemi told newsmen that the case was reported on December 11 at Sabo division.

He said the abductors had demanded N5million ransom barely 24 hours after the boy was kidnapped, but they later agreed to collect N300,000 from the victim’s family.

“After payment they still killed the boy and threw his corpse into the river,” he said.
Speaking with newsmen, Seidu, denied knowledge of the crime, saying,

“I never asked anyone to kidnap my brother’s son, I only saw this one (pointing to another suspect) with the boy on motorbike but I never discussed anything with them, I only greeted them and left.”
But another suspect, Hassan Usain said that Seidu contracted them to kidnap the boy before he (Seidu) “personally killed him” for the fear that the deceased had recognized him.

“He (pointing at Seidu) is a brother to Alhaji (the deceased father). He said he wanted to marry the third wife and Alhaji does not want to give him money so he asked us to kidnap the boy.

“After payment of ransom, Seidu came and said he was going to kill the boy because he could recognise any of us and I said why but he never listened to me,” Usain said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
One year after, Tinubu has created more doubts, failed to reignite hope – APC chieftain
Forum | 2 hours ago

One year after, Tinubu has created more doubts, failed to reignite hope – APC chieftain

EPL: Declan Rice reveals what he told Arsenal’s co-chairman, Kroenke after Man City win title
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Declan Rice reveals what he told Arsenal’s co-chairman, Kroenke after Man City win title

FA Cup Final: Man Utd will sack Ten Hag – Rio Ferdinand
Forum | 1 day ago

FA Cup Final: Man Utd will sack Ten Hag – Rio Ferdinand

Gunmen kill two, kidnap one in Anambra communities
Forum | 1 day ago

Gunmen kill two, kidnap one in Anambra communities