Man City make Erling Haaland decision for Southampton trip

Forum 1 year ago

Man City make Erling Haaland decision for Southampton trip

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Erling Haaland will be back among the squad to face Southampton on Saturday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/33cc9f7e1ade76e69ebd689168fd4474.jpg

Haaland picked up a groin injury before the international break and was previously described as 'touch and go' ahead of the recent 4-1 win over Liverpool, which he ultimately missed.

Fortunately for City fans, Haaland will be back among the squad for the trip to St Mary's as Guardiola confirmed the Norway international's return to training has been without issue.

"Erling trained the last two days, really good," Guardiola said. "He will be ready."

Guardiola went on to confess he was glad to see his squad strengthened ahead of what could be a tricky game against the Premier League's bottom side.

"Now every team is playing for something, it's the same important fight for the Premier League," he said. "Every game has its own characteristics and you have to be ready, Southampton have always been so tough.

"Since the year we got 100 points in the 94th minute, the game we won they were much better than us. Always it's been a tough, tough game. Tomorrow won't be an exception."

City head into the weekend eight points behind title rivals Arsenal, who have played one game more and will keep it that way as Mikel Arteta's side travel to Anfield to face Liverpool on Sunday.

"If we drop points, Arsenal will be champions in advance," Guardiola continued. "If we win, we could be champions on the last day. We are used to it, so it's not a problem.

"I don't see an advantage (in playing first). Sometimes when we've made a title race with Liverpool we've been before or later."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Timber to make Arsenal’s squad for Bournemouth clash

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery
Forum | 3 days ago

Man Cuts Off Friends Because They Did Not Check On Him When He Had Surgery

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Man City for Arsenal – Declan Rice