Frank Lampard reveals offer to Chelsea owners

Forum 1 year ago

Frank Lampard reveals offer to Chelsea owners

Frank Lampard has insisted he will gladly help the Chelsea board and key decision-makers if they need advice about anything regarding the club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f8958846e01b3f6a7a4edd9ad72ce389.jpg

The Blues' all-time record scorer has returned to the club for his second stint as manager, this time in a caretaker capacity until the end of the season.

Bruno Saltor had initially been placed in caretaker charge following Graham Potter's sacking, but 90min reported earlier this week he wanted to remain faithful to the ex-Brighton boss and so Lampard was pursued as a short-term replacement.

The decision to re-hire Lampard after cutting ties with a project manager like Potter so quickly has brought the spotlight back onto chairman Todd Boehly, who completed a takeover of Chelsea with Clearlake Capital last year.

Boehly's haphazard strategy in the transfer market has been questioned and the call to bring Lampard back on a caretaker basis was met with incredulity.

Speaking at his unveiling press conference, Lampard admitted he will do his best to help the club's owners with anything they might need.

"If the owners, people that work here, decision-makers, medical, kit men and anybody wants to speak to me about anything: my job here is to try and affect it positively," he said.

"If I know before, great. But this club wants to move forward so it's a case of how can we get better? I will be absolutely happy to have all those conversations. But my priority is trying to get results on the pitch."

Lampard added: "The conversations I have had with the decision-makers and people running the club have all been really positive.

"You get an understanding of a club that has a vision and wants to move forward, now of course this is about people and people working in the right direction and collaborating and talking and trying to find the right way. That's the sense I’ve had coming here.

"Of course at the moment we are in a position where it is part of the process. That's fine. I keep saying the same thing but I'm ready to play my part in that process and I would be very honest and open with everybody. I know the club, I think that's a positive coming into this role now."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 9 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted
Forum | 12 hours ago

He Had No Sense Of Responsibility, Kogi People Were His Slaves - Former Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr Reacts As EFCC Declares Yahaya Bello Wanted

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 1 day ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel