"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

N’Assembly leadership: Aspirants inducing NWC members with rice, says Lukman

Forum 1 year ago

N’Assembly leadership: Aspirants inducing NWC members with rice, says Lukman

The National Vice Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (North-West), Malam Salihu Lukman, on Thursday, called on the leadership of the party to impose an ethical code of conduct that would automatically disqualify any lawmaker who attempts to bribe his way to becoming the next Senate President or Speaker of the House of Representatives.

According to Lukman, the unsolicited gesture reeks of corruption and a deliberate attempt to bribe decision-makers in the party.

He said, “I want to appeal to our leaders and my colleagues in the National Working Committee. We have to take every step to stop some unethical conduct in this fight.

“As things are, it is so worrying that people who are aspiring for positons in the leadership of the National Assembly are reaching out to members of the NWC in an unethical way. I don’t think that is right. At least two senators, unfortunately, from my zone, who are aspiring for the position of Senate President, have sent bags of rice and sugar.

“Another member of the House of Reps, also from my zone, aspiring for the position of Speaker of the House, I learnt has also sent bags of rice to individual members.

“As of today, we have not yet taken decision on zoning for offices in the party. And I think it’s wrong for leaders at the level we are talking about to engage in unethical conduct.

“I want to appeal to our party. I’ve been an advocate of having a code of conduct within the APC. It is not by accident that God bestowed the responsibility of ruling this country in our hands.

“It is not by accident that we also find ourselves in the NWC. I think everything needs to be done to sanitise the party and those who are engaged in unethical conduct, if I have my way, should be disqualified from contesting for the positions they aspire for.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Group demands declaration of Aba North Assembly seat vacant, threatens protest
Forum | 18 hours ago

Group demands declaration of Aba North Assembly seat vacant, threatens protest

Ondo guber: Seven APC aspirants back Aiyedatiwa
Forum | 2 days ago

Ondo guber: Seven APC aspirants back Aiyedatiwa

The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 Could Introduce a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Says Chris Pratt
Forum | 4 days ago

The Super Mario Bros. Movie 2 Could Introduce a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, Says Chris Pratt

Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian pastor Oluronbi, wife bag 34 years jailterm for raping church members in UK