Stop glorifying IPOB, FG tells western media

Forum 1 year ago

Stop glorifying IPOB, FG tells western media

The Federal Government has berated some western countries for giving credence to the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said this in Washington DC during his official engagements with some international media organisations and policy institutes.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the minister is in Washington to engage with international media organisations and think tanks on the just concluded 2023 polls

“IPOB is a terrorist organisation so declared by the Nigeria Government, yet some western countries harbour them and have been dealing with the illegal body.

“They allow them to raise funds, some allow them to lobby their congressmen and lawmakers and whatever funds they realise they use it to destabilise the country,” the minister said.

Mohammed said it was hypocritical for the western world to claim it is fighting terrorism yet turn around to be supporting a terrorist organisation.

The minister also used the opportunity of the interactions to call on the foreign media to stop regurgitating “social media fables” on the Nigeria’s 2023 elections on their platforms.

He said they should be critical and interrogate the information they get on the social media before reporting them on their platforms.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: They’re miles off Man City, Arsenal – Merson tells Chelsea two signings to make

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary
Forum | 1 week ago

Oba Elegushi Tells His Second Wife As They Celebrate 5th Wedding Anniversary

Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life
Forum | 1 week ago

Social Media Users Drag Layi Wasabi Over Recent Post About Bachelors Life

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala
Forum | 1 week ago

‘My dad is from Nigeria, always tells me about culture, food’ – Germany’s Jamal Musiala