Buhari panel submits report on diplomatic mission

Forum 1 year ago

Buhari panel submits report on diplomatic mission

The Presidential Committee on the Review of Number and Strategy for Resourcing Nigeria’s Diplomatic Missions Worldwide submitted its final report on Wednesday.

The committee was inaugurated on October 25, 2022.

In his remarks, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, expressed confidence that the committee’s observations, findings and recommendations would address some of challenges confronting the diplomatic missions around the world.

Mustapha also gave assurance that the report would be presented to the President Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), for endorsement.

He said, “I am confident that with the calibre of membership of the committee, your observations, findings and recommendations will address some of the major challenges confronting the diplomatic missions around the world.

“I can assure you that this report will be forwarded to Mr. President for his endorsement and subsequent implementation.

“Let me use this opportunity to thank the chairman and all members of the committee, including the secretariat, for working continuously and tirelessly for the entire duration of the assignment.

“I understand that you held not less than 32 meetings, had interactions with about 18 relevant stakeholders, administered questionnaires to all the Nigeria’s diplomatic missions worldwide, reviewed some relevant previous reports including Federal Executive Council memoranda, undertook on-the-spot assessment visits to some selected 21 diplomatic missions across Africa, Asia, Europe, South America, Middle East and North America, including Canada, in order to come up with this comprehensive report which contains 115 recommendations.”

The SGF noted that the report would also form part of the transition document that would be handed over to the next administration as part of the successes of this present administration.

So, this government will ensure that the content of this report is implemented in earnest,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 6 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 1 week ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Mission: Impossible 8 Cast Adds Severance’s Tramell Tillman
Forum | 1 week ago

Mission: Impossible 8 Cast Adds Severance’s Tramell Tillman

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Buhari’s Ex-aide Reacts As APC Suspends Ganduje