Luis Enrique arrives in England for Chelsea talks

Forum 1 year ago

Luis Enrique arrives in England for Chelsea talks

Former Spain and Barcelona head coach Luis Enrique has arrived in England with his agents for talks with Chelsea, sources have confirmed to 90min.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5a2ec9bfd5285ad7069b2cc817144f96.jpg

Chelsea are undergoing their search for a new head coach following the sacking of Graham Potter at the weekend, and Enrique has emerged as one of the leading candidates alongside former Bayern Munich boss Julian Nagelsmann and ex-Tottenham man Mauricio Pochettino.

Contact has already been made through intermediaries, but Chelsea will now hold face-to-face discussions with Enrique and his representatives, including Ivan de la Pena.

Enrique, who left his role with Spain following the World Cup finals in Qatar, has not hidden his desire to work in the Premier League in recent weeks.

"I would like to go to England to work. I follow English football a lot, more than Spanish. It's a very interesting league, I don't hide it, I would like to go to work there," Enrique said.

90min understands that Enrique has also had contact with Tottenham, who are keen to talk to him about their vacancy.

Tottenham, like Chelsea, were also keen on speaking with Nagelsmann, but unlike Enrique, the German has indicated that he is not wholly convinced by the project on offer in north London.

Chelsea sources have indicated to 90min that they expect to hold talks with Nagelsmann later this week.

Amid their search for a permanent successor, Chelsea appointed Bruno Saltor as interim boss. But 90min understands that their former manager Frank Lampard is being considered as a potential caretaker to see them through to the end of the season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 2 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 12 hours ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Jurassic World: Jonathan Bailey in Talks for Lead Role in 2025 Movie