Jurgen Klopp explains why he 'really liked' Liverpool's draw at Chelsea

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp explains why he 'really liked' Liverpool's draw at Chelsea

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp praised his side's efforts in their drab 0-0 draw at Chelsea on Tuesday evening.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/954468ee2d77d162b1a6c8b593b3d654.jpg

The Reds were in desperate need of some momentum following their 4-1 humbling by Manchester City at the weekend, with Klopp opting to make six changes for the trip to Stamford Bridge - the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson and Mohamed Salah all dropped to the bench.

In their first game following Graham Potter's sacking and with Bruno Saltor at the helm, Chelsea suffocated Liverpool but were guilty of some horrendously wasteful finishing, with Klopp's men perhaps a little fortunate to return to Merseyside with a point.

Nevertheless, Klopp revealed post-match that he was happy with his side's reaction and how they fought for the draw.

"Reaction must always be [important]," he said. "I saw a lot of great challenges, people flying into tackles and that's what we need. Midfield, the three of them [Fabinho, Jordan Henderson and Curtis Jones] didn't play that often together.

"That's what we have to build on it. If things don't go your way you have to fight through this and make steps. Sometimes smaller ones, sometimes bigger ones and this was a smaller one.

"From a passion point of view I really liked the game. Yes it was not the best football but these boys are really good footballers and tonight they put in a proper shift.

"I thought really for the six changes especially, it was good tonight and that's what I take. They wanted to win desperately, we did as well, but we have to take a point."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Why Tottenham lost 2-0 to Chelsea – Postecoglou

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Arne Slot told to sell two Liverpool top players