Erik ten Hag provides update on Wout Weghorst's Man Utd future

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag provides update on Wout Weghorst's Man Utd future

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has discussed whether Wout Weghorst could stay at the club following the expiration of his loan this summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8d1d19c5d64c45c7647b1c552f672c4d.jpg

The Dutch forward arrived at Old Trafford during the January transfer window after the Red Devils agreed to take over his loan at Besiktas from Burnley until the end of the season.

Though he has struggled for goals, Weghorst's manic pressing style and lofty height have made him a useful asset to United.

Ahead of Sunday's trip to Newcastle, Ten Hag declared that Weghorst could stay at the club beyond their current agreement with Burnley.

When asked if Weghorst could be in his plans for the long-term, Ten Hag replied: "Of course. I think he is doing a lot of elements of football really well.

"Wout is doing a really good job for us. He is the leader of the process in pressing, he starts the press and is very good in backward pressing. He is also taking up (good) positions and in his link-up play he's doing really well.

"He is making good movements, making space for others, so he's also good in set-plays. He is really contributing to this team. I think after Christmas we have played 25 games and we lost two - and Weghorst played almost all of the games so he is really part of the success."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State
Forum | 7 hours ago

Police Gives Update On Nigerian Singer Abducted By Gunmen In Delta State

UNIPORT update on deadline for payment of school charges
Forum | 1 day ago

UNIPORT update on deadline for payment of school charges

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho