Graham Potter confirms Anthony Barry stance amid Bayern Munich interest

Forum 1 year ago

Graham Potter confirms Anthony Barry stance amid Bayern Munich interest

Chelsea manager Graham Potter has admitted coach Anthony Barry is in talks with Bayern Munich over a reunion with Thomas Tuchel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f23c8d9a8f4e91863e5e264fbaa7e6bd.jpg

Tuchel openly admitted his desire to bring Barry to Bavaria in his first press conference in charge of the Munich side, with that public statement understood to have frustrated Chelsea as no contact had been made between the two clubs at the time.

Negotiations have since been held and 90min understands Bayern are close to agreeing a compensation fee with Chelsea to buy Barry out of the remainder of his contract and allow him to reunite with Tuchel once again.

Asked for an update on Friday, Potter admitted talks were underway and backed his own staff to step up and replace Barry if a deal is agreed.

"Anthony is in discussions, the clubs are in discussions," he said. "He's away from us for the moment.

"It's between the clubs, it's not something I get involved in. I have huge respect for what he's done here. Fantastic coach, fantastic person. We have a great staff that can fill the gap. The collective can solve the problem."

Potter added: "Of course [we have spoken], I would like the conversation to be private. I understand human beings have lives, have families, have aspirations."

Tuchel was asked about Barry earlier in the day and admitted he was confident a deal would soon be agreed to bring the coach, who also works as Portugal's assistant, to Bayern.

"It's a matter between the clubs," the German said. "It's still my absolute wish for him to come. The clubs have to reach an agreement. But I'm optimistic."

It may not be the only negotiating Bayern have to do with Chelsea this year as 90min understands Kai Havertz is of interest to the German side.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home
Forum | 3 days ago

Tom Holland Confirms Spider-Man 4 but Admits It’s Tough To Follow No Way Home

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return
Forum | 5 days ago

The Bear Season 3 Set Video Confirms Will Poulter’s Return

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization
Forum | 5 days ago

Pray For Khaid - Sydney Talker Urges Fans Amid Hospitalization

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists
Forum | 6 days ago

Nigerian Army Neutralizes Three Bandits In Benue, Confirms Rescue Of Pregnant Chibok Girl And Her 3 Children From Terrorists' Captivity