Grown-ish Ending with Season 6, Creator Issues Statement

Forum 1 year ago

Grown-ish Ending with Season 6, Creator Issues Statement

Freeform has announced that creator and executive producer Kenya Barris‘ teen comedy-drama grown-ish will officially be concluding its run after its upcoming sixth season, which will be divided into two parts. The first half of the final season is slated to air this summer, while its second half will debut sometime in 2024. This announcement comes after nearly a year since its flagship series black-ish had wrapped up after eight seasons on ABC.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ed8f254df32af179507361596ed2a78b.jpg

“We’ve spent nearly a decade telling our stories through the -ish series and to say it has been an amazing journey would be an understatement,” Barris said in a statement. “To be able to watch Yara, Marcus and our entire grown-ish family grow up in front of (and in many ways alongside) us over these past several years has been both a joy and an honor. From the stories we’ve told to the talent we’ve fostered and, most importantly, the memories made, I could not be more proud of everything we’ve accomplished and the -ish family I’ve been a part of.”

Grown-ish is a half-hour comedy tackling current social issues and complexities facing both students and administrators. The series currently stars Yara Shahidi, Trevor Jackson, Diggy Simmons, Marcus Scribner, and Daniella Perkins.

It follows Dre and Bow Johnson’s eldest daughter Zoey (Yara Shahidi), as she tries to navigate the ins and outs of college life at Cal U. Given the protagonist’s younger age, the show allows itself to look at contemporary social and political issues through a young, idealistic lens.

Grown-ish is produced by ABC Signature Studios and is executive produced by Kenya Barris, Helen Sugland, E. Brian Dobbins, Anthony Anderson, Laurence Fishburne, and Julie Bean.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 13 hours ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain
Forum | 18 hours ago

Pretty Little Liars Season 2 Trailer Previews Max Thriller’s Newest Villain

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 21 hours ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series