Tinubu US supporters plan counter-protest at White House

Forum 1 year ago

Tinubu US supporters plan counter-protest at White House

The All Progressives Congress has said the US government is not in support of a protest by some Nigerians at the White House against the February 25 presidential election won by President-elect Bola Tinubu.

A statement on Thursday by the Chairman of the APC chapter in the US, Prof. Tai Balofin, alleged that a protest was taking place at a park in front of the White House.

This comes after the United States Department of Interior granted permit for a protest slated for April 3 against the presidential election.

According to the permit, shared multiple times by social media users, the anticipated number of participants in the protest, headed by one Franklin Ekechukwu, is 100.

The APC, in its statement, said approval for the protest does not in any way indicate the involvement of the US government “as anybody can get approval for a peaceful protest.”

“It is our belief that the Nigerian presidential election was free and fair, and Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu won the election. The majority of Nigerian voters gave him their mandate, and no propaganda, manipulation or tissue of lies can stop his inauguration,” the party said.

Urging Nigerians not to be perturbed by the actions of the protesters, the party said it had “mobilised other Nigerians to come out in support of their mandate, and we believe that the protesters will not succeed in their mission to disrupt the peace and stability of Nigeria.”

“We want to assure Nigerians that Nigeria will not secede, and it will remain united. We must work together to salvage it. Prof Balofin, who spoke to the press today, says that the opposition who lost will meet the winner at the protest ground.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Protesters Barricade Road Over Killings In Benue
Forum | 30 mins ago

Protesters Barricade Road Over Killings In Benue

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 14 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 1 day ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike