Tension As Suspected Herdsmen Invade School, Injure Students, Teachers In Oyo

Forum 1 year ago

Tension As Suspected Herdsmen Invade School, Injure Students, Teachers In Oyo

A public secondary school in Oyo State has been reportedly invaded by suspected herdsmen on Thursday morning, who inflicted injuries on students and teachers.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/efdeed843287dcba02a4fa2dcc7cae0c.jpeg
According to Vanguard, the herders invaded the Community Grammar School, Alaropo Nla in the Oriire Local Government Area of the state.

The herdsmen, according to an eyewitness account, numbering over twenty, allegedly invaded the school with their cattle.

Some of the students and their teachers, among whom are Mr Paul Olabode, were inflicted with sword and machete cuts, while many others were left with broken legs and hands.

The source disclosed that the school had just finished morning devotion and students were preparing to settle down in their classrooms to continue their second-term examination when the herdsmen invaded the school farm with their cows grazing mindlessly on crops.

Efforts made by the students and the teachers to drive away the herdsmen were met with brutal resistance.

The school principal, Mrs Grace Alamu, who confirmed the incident to Vanguard through a telephone call, said that the incident had been reported to the police.

“I am on my way to the school. Policemen are coming to the school this morning,”
 she said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 23 hours ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno
Forum | 1 day ago

Suspected Boko Haram Logistics Suppliers Arrested In Borno

Three Abducted UNICAL Students Regain Freedom
Forum | 1 day ago

Three Abducted UNICAL Students Regain Freedom

Sunday Igboho, Akintoye React To Agitators’ Invasion In Oyo Govt Secretariat
Forum | 1 day ago

Sunday Igboho, Akintoye React To Agitators’ Invasion In Oyo Govt Secretariat