Trouble looms for singer Portable as he set to face prosecution over unruly behavior to OGUN state police

Forum 1 year ago

Trouble looms for singer Portable as he set to face prosecution over unruly behavior to OGUN state police

Nigerian street Singer, Portable seems to have gotten himself into more trouble as a result of his altercation with OGUN state police.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7f0004bd0675bdd3d7f6fd5b195de3b6.jpg

In the video shared on Tuesday, Portable could be seen creating a scene as he demanded an explanation for the officers’ presence, with the operatives notifying him that a petition was filed against him.

The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, CSO, Olumuyiwa Adejobi while reacting to the viral video of Portable cussing police officers, diaf he is likely to face persecution.

The CSP explained that some Police officers had stormed his bar to arrest him following his refusal to go honour previous invitations.

The police command while speaking to Linda Ikeji blog, said several invitations were sent to the controversial singer which he ignored, hence the arrest but the singer resisted it and created a scene at his bar.

The police force said the artist exhibited irrational behaviour and hurled insults at police officers carrying out their legal duty.

According to him, the action is criminal and punishable by the criminal laws of Nigeria.

“The action of the singer in the video was unruly and conduct likely to cause a breach of peace and incitement of violence against the officers who were detailed to execute a warrant of arrest on him for series of allegations of criminal acts leveled against Mr Portable,” Adejobi said.

“The NPF will take all necessary steps to investigate his actions and ensure that he is prosecuted for any criminal activity he may have committed depending on the severity of the offense.”

waploaded  reported on Tuesday that Portable had cried out in fear after some Nigerian police officers stormed his bar to arrest him.

The father of four took to his Instagram live to capture the embarrassing moment the police officers walked into the office.

In the video, Portable could be seen screaming out as he questioned the reason and purpose for the sudden arrest.

The controversial singer used his celebrity status and the fact that he had worked for APC as a bait for his arrest.

He could be heard screaming, “I am a celebrity and I work for APC, you don’t have any right to walk into my office and tell me that I am under arrest”.

The singer had claimed in the video that a Yahoo boy had ordered his arrest, though he didn’t disclose why.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Intercept Truck Conveying N30M Goods Stolen From Kaduna
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Intercept Truck Conveying N30M Goods Stolen From Kaduna

Adamawa Police To Arrest Hospitalised Teenager For Stabbing Friend To Death
Forum | 1 day ago

Adamawa Police To Arrest Hospitalised Teenager For Stabbing Friend To Death

Ammunitions Recovered As Police Arrest 20 More Yoruba Nation Agitators In Ibadan
Forum | 1 day ago

Ammunitions Recovered As Police Arrest 20 More Yoruba Nation Agitators In Ibadan

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos
Forum | 1 day ago

Police Crackdown On Gang R*ping Only Men In Lagos