Bruno Fernandes disagrees with Cristiano Ronaldo's assessment of Roberto Martinez

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Fernandes disagrees with Cristiano Ronaldo's assessment of Roberto Martinez

Bruno Fernandes has revealed he does not agree with teammate Cristiano Ronaldo regarding the impact of new Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/837df7ea704b22826e3688889f148c1c.jpg

The former Everton and Belgium boss was named as the surprise successor to Fernando Santos following the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

While Martinez has been known to coach attacking and entertaining football, his teams are often characterised by their haphazard and sloppy defending - almost the inverse to how Portugal played under Santos.

Ronaldo, who scored four goals in two games for Portugal this month, was quick to tell reporters of the positive impact Martinez has had on the team.

"It’s a new chapter for everyone, for the players, the staff and the country. We feel good energy. It’s a breath of fresh air," the Al Nassr forward said.

When asked if he agreed with Ronaldo's comments, Fernandes replied: "No, it's just a new coach with new ideas. There is no breath of fresh air at all. It's just a transition period.

"The atmosphere in the national team has always been good. There's never been anything that wasn't fresh of the air, so I think it's just new dynamics, new coach, and you have to assimilate his ideas."

Portugal have made a perfect start under Martinez's management, securing a 4-0 win at home to Liechtenstein before beating Luxembourg 6-0 on the road.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia
Forum | 6 days ago

Cristano Ronaldo faces fresh ban in Saudi Arabia

EPL: I see them – Arteta disagrees with rival manager over comment on Arsenal
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I see them – Arteta disagrees with rival manager over comment on Arsenal