Why Uba Sani, Kaduna governor-elect might go to court

Forum 1 year ago

Why Uba Sani, Kaduna governor-elect might go to court

Kaduna State Governor-elect, Uba Sani, despite his victory at the polls, has said he might file a suit against the Peoples Democratic Party over some votes allocated to it. 

Sani said he was supposed to win the polls with a 60,000 votes margin, thus challenging some of the votes accrued to PDP. 

The Governor-elect made this known to Vanguard in an interview last week shortly after his victory. 

Sani polled the highest votes of 730,002, while PDP’s Isa Ashiru had 719,196 votes. 

Speaking on it, Sani said, “In fact in my thoughts, I want to assure you that I’m doubting how the PDP even got that number of votes.

“Let me give an example. The votes they claimed to have gotten in Chikun Local Government, were votes allocated to them not earned. With over 89,000 votes, which was irrational. 

“In my view, I was supposed to have surpassed the PDP by a wide margin. I should have surpassed the PDP with 60,000 votes

“I may even be the first to go to court. I want you to know that I’m even on my way to court to challenge some of the votes allocated to the PDP.” 

“You should know by my antecedents. I struggled for the entrenchment of democracy, those who contested with me were military apologists, and they worked with the military. We are those who fought for the return of democracy in Nigeria,” he added. 

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 5 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 6 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC