Abia Assembly Denies Plans To Impeach Ikpeazu

Forum 1 year ago

Abia Assembly Denies Plans To Impeach Ikpeazu

The Abia State House of Assembly has debunked recent rumors about the state's governor's impeachment moves.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3aebc8c55dd8d701a2bf53a113516c2e.jpeg

The assembly denied any plan whatsoever to impeach the incumbent governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, from office.

The Deputy Speaker of the House, Ifeanyi Uchendu, made this known while addressing the press after a meeting with the governor at the Governor’s Lodge in Aba on Saturday.

Uchendu said members of the public should disregard the “rumour” making the rounds, while adding that the House has not even reconvened since the state elections

He said, “I just want to inform you that what has been gaining grounds that the House of Assembly is planning to impeach the governor is just a rumour.

“There’s no plan like that. In fact, as we speak, the House has not even reconvened. We just went on holiday because of the election. We’re still considering the date to reconvene. I stand here to tell the whole world that there are no such plans to impeach the governor.

While adding that the people of Abia State are happy with the governor, Uchendu said “he has done well for us and the entire people of Abia State. Even if he’s leaving office in the next two months he’ll leave peacefully because he’s a peaceful man.”

Also present, the Majority Leader of the House, Solomon Akpulonu, said Ikpeazu had done nothing to warrant his impeachment, also urging the public to disregard such “fake news.”

He said, “There’s no time the House planned to impeach the governor. We didn’t plan any of such. It’s the figment of the imagination of purveyors of fake news.

“The governor has not done anything to warrant such plans. So, it’s not true. As you can see, we came to interact with him today. We will continue supporting him until the end of his tenure. So, disregard such rumours for there’s nothing like that. It’s a piece of fake news.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 21 hours ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law
Forum | 2 days ago

Again, Amaewhule-led Assembly Overrides Fubara, Passes LG Bill Into Law

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim
Forum | 3 days ago

I’ve Reported The Case To Police — Skiibii Denies TikToker Nickie Dabarbie’s Money Ritual Claim

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 4 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe