Strikes: Ensure varsity autonomy, FUOYE VC tells Tinubu

Forum 1 year ago

Strikes: Ensure varsity autonomy, FUOYE VC tells Tinubu

The Vice Chancellor, Federal University, Oye Ekiti, Prof. Abayomi Fasina, has advised the president-elect, Bola Tinubu, to ensure that federal universities in Nigeria have autonomy when he gets to office.

Fasina said such policy direction would sanitise the university system and ensure smooth and adequate running of the institutions.

He added that such measure would free the universities from industrial actions.

The VC, who spoke at Oye Ekiti during the fourth matriculation of post-graduate students of FUOYE, said one of the challenges facing Nigerian universities was incessant strikes by various unions, including the Academic Staff Union of Universities, as a result of poor funding and lack of infrastructure.

Fasina said, “I want to appeal to our incoming president, Senator Bola Tinubu, to approve university autonomy, which will put an end to incessant strikes that always affect the academic calendar of the tertiary institutions”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 2 days ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 2 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 2 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Evasion Of EFCC Arrest Is A Criminal Offence – Daniel Bwala Tells Yahaya Bello