I won’t challenge Niger gov election outcome in court – PDP’s candidate Kantigi

Forum 1 year ago

I won’t challenge Niger gov election outcome in court – PDP’s candidate Kantigi

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Niger State, Liman Kantigi said he will not challenge the outcome of the March 18th governorship election of the state in court.

Kantigi disclosed this while addressing a press briefing in Minna on Saturday.

The PDP candidate said he has accepted the outcome of the election in good faith, noting that there is no court or tribunal that is higher than the judgment of God.

According to him, God knows the end from the beginning and therefore the outcome of the election was divine, and “God monitors every situation.”

He stated, “Whether the winner won through the popularity, or he had used other means or whatever, it is God that made it possible for him.”

Kantigi, however, said the outcome of the election will never dampen his morale in politics, adding that he will continue to struggle for the emancipation of the poor people, especially at the rural areas who are yearning for good leadership and development.

He promised not to abandon the people despite his loss, stressing that “till I die, I will continue to fight for the people. The outcome of the election will not dampen my morale”.

Kantigi further stated, “There is time for everything, elections have come and gone. Let us gather around whosoever God has put on the throne and join hands to look at the problems of Niger State.

“Believe me in all honesty, Niger State is being abandoned with so many lapses. The people are suffering, no infrastructural development and there is poverty everywhere.

“Can you Imagine how a common spaghetti, yards of clothing materials attracted people to sell their votes because they saw that as their last hope.

“We as leaders must address the issue of poverty in this country if we honestly want credible elections which will usher in good leadership.”

On whether he will support the decision of his party to approach the election petition tribunal to challenge the results of the election as widely being speculated, Kantigi said whatever the party decides is entirely the party’s decision.

He said, “I strongly believe there is no court that is higher than the court of God, but if the party (PDP) so wish, they have the mandate to do so if they have the resources”.

The PDP candidate, however, said he has congratulated the governor-elect after the results were announced, saying, “my call to him was personal”.

Recall that Kantigi lost the March 18 governorship election after pulling 387,476 votes as against Umar Bago of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) who got 469,896 votes.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 1 day ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 1 day ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election
Forum | 1 day ago

Aggrieved Aspirants Petition APC, Demand Cancellation Of Ondo Gov Primary Election

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail