Man Utd forward admits frustration over lack of minutes

Forum 1 year ago

Man Utd forward admits frustration over lack of minutes

Anthony Elanga has confessed to feeling frustrated towards his reduced role at Manchester United this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b4a65ef0c2f5fe72546ad0dd3ca06985.jpg

The 20-year-old winger was a regular starter towards the end of last season but has tumbled down the pecking order under Erik ten Hag, starting just five Premier League games and struggling for minutes in cup competitions as well.

There were plenty of rumours suggesting Elanga could leave United in January, with the likes of Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund both touted as suitors, but a move ultimately failed to materialise and the Sweden international has remained on United's bench.

"It is frustrating," Elanga told Afton Bladet. "You want to play. It is important. But if you don't play, it's not up to me but up to the coach.

"I have spoken to Erik and it is private between the two of us. I know what he wants me to do and I can just keep training hard. When the opportunity comes, I just have to be ready to take it.

"We have a lot of dialogue, not only about it but also what is happening around. That's the good thing about the club, we talk a lot and they help me a lot.

"

Elanga also confessed that talks were held over a move away from Old Trafford in January.

"There was talk about it, but right now I'm focusing on United," he stressed. "We still have a big season ahead of us and need to finish it as well as possible.

"That was in January, now I can't focus on it. The best I can do is focus on the rest of the season, then I get to talk to the club. I love the club, but it's important for me to play. I'm still young. We have spoken to the club and they know what is required and I know what is required."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives Sneak Peek Unveils First 5 Minutes of Netflix Series

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident