" Buhari Is Behaving Like A Military Dictator " - Afenifere

Forum 8 years ago

" Buhari Is Behaving Like A Military Dictator " - Afenifere

The Pan Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint ministers that will help him in the administration of the country instead of running the country as a sole administrator.

The leader of the group, Chief Reuben Fasoranti who disclosed this in an interview with reporters at the weekend also asked the kingmakers in Ile-Ife in Osun State to choose among the contestants for the stool of Ooni a worthy replacement for the late monarch of the town, Oba Okunade Sijuwade who joined his ancestors recently.

The 89-year Afenifere leader said the thinking in the country is that the President Buhari is slow in taking action and decisions due to lack of policy direction from the government.

According to him, the President should sit down and have a package that would lead Nigeria to the promise land.

His words: “I think the President should sit down and have a package. What people are saying is very correct. He just is picking people here and there. He did not get time to settle down for governance yet and the time is flying.
Let him constitute the Cabinet and start working.

“As it is now, Buhari is still behaving like a military dictator. Just picking on people, he should sit down for work. His cabinet has not met. He is running a one man show now but let us give him some time.”

On the Ooni of Ife, Fasoranti expressed the condolence of the group to the people of the town and Yoruba race in general and asked for a worthy successor for the late monarch.

Fasoranti said: “His death is sad lose, very heavy lose. I wasn’t expect him to die now,surly we shall all die; but we expected him to live a bit longer. Ooni was a quintessential monarch, very humble, friendly and broad minded. He towered above other monarchs. After all I am bold enough to say that. He didn’t parade his superiority but he lived it and people acknowledged it. He worked with different type of people and at the same time, you will see in him something that is unique that towered above other monarchs.

“The way he dressed, the way he spoke with confidence. I have never seen him frowned. He was always relaxed, always approached problems with ease and understanding. I think the other monarchs accepted him as a superior king.

“We shall miss him and his place will be very difficult to fill. He had showed that he had a goal even at school, his colleague accorded him respect, his teachers also treated him with respect, when he came to the throne, people were not surprise. He was a great monarch.”
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 23 hours ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Probe Wike, Other Former Governors Under Buhari For Corruption - Timi Frank Urges EFCC

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament
Forum | 3 days ago

Divorce-seeking Military Officer Accuses Wife Of Bad Temperament

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi