FG Militarized Benue Elections – Ortom Breaks Silence After PDP Loss

Forum 1 year ago

FG Militarized Benue Elections – Ortom Breaks Silence After PDP Loss

Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue State has alleged that the Federal Government used the military to intimidate and torture voters during the just concluded governorship polls in the state.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/71c80e8b593a5bcfa7e3a0d9a6297195.jpeg
The governor who spoke on Wednesday while presiding over the State Executive Council meeting, said the election was militarized, alleging that armoured tanks filled with soldiers were deployed to the state during the poll.

“We have never seen a militarized election like the way it took place, especially on the 18th March where armoured tanks were deployed and several people were beaten and tortured and intimidated.

“I have never seen this level of intimidation from the federal government. But that is a story for tomorrow”.

Speaking on the outcome of the election which did not favour his anointed candidate, Titus Uba of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Ortom said the party is currently gathering a comprehensive report from the polls after which it would decide on the next line of action.

He said, 
“We will collect a comprehensive report and the party will decide on what next to do. I have always said that an election should not be a matter of do or die.

“It is God that crowns. John 3:27 “a man can receive nothing except it is given unto him from above”.

“At times you can outsmart everybody but in the end, you will not be the winner and we have seen this in this country”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman
Forum | 2 days ago

PDP NWC Backs Damagum As Acting National Chairman

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Wike’s Use of PDP to Remain Relevant – Secondus to Party Leaders

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State
Forum | 3 days ago

BREAKING: Suspected Terrorists Kill Ruling PDP Secretary In Zamfara State