Erling Haaland dismissed from international duty over injury concerns

Forum 1 year ago

Erling Haaland dismissed from international duty over injury concerns

The Norwegian FA have confirmed that Erling Haaland has been sent back to Manchester City after doctors found he was carrying a groin injury.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/af8a3cdaf4b4fd5997aaa1eace840376.jpg

Haaland played 63 minutes of City's 6-0 victory over Burnley in the FA Cup, long enough to score a hat-trick, but complained of pain in the area after the game.

He left to link up with Norway soon after but the Scandinavian side have now confirmed Haaland has been sent back to Manchester for further treatment.

"Erling Braut Haaland had some pain in his groin after the match against Burnley," a statement read.

"We hoped that this was just a familiarity that would carry over to Saturday, but after doing tests and examinations yesterday it became clear that he will not make it to the games against Spain and Georgia.

"'It is better that he receives medical follow-up at the club', says national team doctor Ola Sand. Haaland thus travels home from the national team meeting."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 21 hours ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola

UCL: Guardiola kicks out at Haaland as Man City train for Real Madrid clash
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Guardiola kicks out at Haaland as Man City train for Real Madrid clash

UCL: My fight with Haaland personal – Rudiger speaks on Real Madrid vs Man City
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: My fight with Haaland personal – Rudiger speaks on Real Madrid vs Man City