Biography & Career Of Nomcebo Zikode

Forum 1 year ago

Biography & Career Of Nomcebo Zikode

Nomcebo Zikode is a South African musician who was born in 1985. She is from Hammarsdale in South Africa’s KwaZulul-Nata province. She is best known for the song “Jerusalema,” which she co-wrote with Master KG, a popular male South African artist.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e84451f060f4909ec985108e582f03b2.jpg

Nomcebo Zikode’s Professional Career

When she was on Ukhozi FM’s talent search in 2003, she won, and some of the runner-ups included Nhlanhla Nciza, Lundi, Kholeka, and Zahara.

Nomcebo then collaborated with DJ Ganyani on the song ‘Emazulwini,’ which was released as a single. The song was even nominated for a SAMA award.
She was signed as an artist by Open Mic Records, which marked the start of her solo career.

Nomcebo then released her Afro-house single ‘Imizamo Yami,’ which helped her gain popularity. She collaborated on the song with Bongo Beat, and it was an instant hit.

She has worked with the likes of DJ Ganyani, Mobi Dixon, Bongo Beats and DJ Mshega, Professor, Master ChengFu and Eyadini Lounge.

Nomcebo Zikode Children

Nomcebo is a wife and proud mother. The vocalist behind Jerusalema is a proud mother of two (2) children aged fourteen (14) and five (5).

Nomcebo Zikode Forbes Award

South African Grammy-award-winning singer, Nomcebo Zikode, has been announced as the recipient of the 2023 Forbes Woman Africa “Top Entertainer” award. The award ceremony, which was held on International Women’s Day, was organised to celebrate female trailblazers in different industries like music, film, politics, business, and technology. Other women who won awards at the event include Nonkululeko Gobodo, Gloria Serobe, Louisa Mojela, Michaela Mycroft, Funmi Adewara, Rabia Johnson, and many more.

During her acceptance speech at the awards gala dinner at the Sun Bet Arena in Pretoria, Zikode said;

For me, as a woman, to be recognised by big brands such as Forbes. I’m feeling so grateful. I’m feeling honoured. Thank you so much for recognising my talent. I know that many of you when you see us, you always think that everything is just flashy. Life is all good and all of that, but to tell you the honest truth, there is so much happening in this industry. The industry is very stressful.

Nomcebo Zikode Songs

She is signed to the Open Mic Production music label. She did a few collaborations as a solo musician before she got signed up and earned herself a spot in the rough South African music industry. She has a few collaborations to her credit, and they are listed below;

• Dj Ganyani – Emazulwini (Mas Musiq Remake) ft. Nomcebo

• Bongo Beats – Thando Unamanga ft. Nomcebo Zikode

• Dj Mshega – Impilo ft. Nomcebo

• Mobi Dixon – Kobanini Ft. Nomcebo & T-Love

• Master KG – Jerusalem Ft. Nomcebo

• DJ Ganyani – Emazulwini (Villager SA Afro Remix) ft. Nomcebo

• Master ChengFu – Nguwe Ft. Nomcebo Zikode

• Professor – Sobablili Ft. Nomcebo

• Eyadini Lounge – Jabulile Ft. DJ Ganyani & Nomcebo

• De Mogul SA – Nto featuring Nomcebo

• DJ Ganyani – Emazulwini ft. Nomcebo

On August 20, 2020, she released an album titled Xola Moya Wami. The 9-track album has songs such as Bayabuza which featured Bongo Beats. She featured Master KG in the album’s debut track titled Xola Moya Wam’. The songs contained in Nomcebo’s Xola Moya Wami album are;

• Indlela (Radio Edit)

• Njabulo

• Ngiyesaba feat. Makhadzi

• Xola Moya Wami feat. Master KG

• Imizamo Yami feat. Bongo Beats

• Indlela

• Siyafana

Nomcebo Zikode Grammy

On winning the Grammys, she said:

“Jerusalema” has been described as a song of hope and inspiration, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. How important do you think music is in uplifting people’s spirits during difficult times?

Music has so many different purposes and uses; it is also very instrumental in uplifting people’s spirits in difficult times as it can be very therapeutic. Through my travels, I’ve met fans in countries that I never thought I would see myself in, who have told me how much healing they have gotten from listening to my music, even though I sing in isiZulu, my native language, which they don’t understand.

That was also a testament to the fact that music has a healing and spiritual power that we may not fully comprehend, so why not try as much as we can to use it to create a better world?

Nomcebo Zikode Net Worth

Nomcebo’s net worth is estimated at $500,000 to $2 million. She earns from her music sales and events performances.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 1 week ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton
Forum | 1 week ago

Age & Career Of Jack Stratton

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest
Forum | 1 week ago

Career & Net Worth Of Bobby Ernest