Why I will not congratulate AbdulRazaq – Yaman, Kwara PDP flagbearer

Forum 1 year ago

Why I will not congratulate AbdulRazaq – Yaman, Kwara PDP flagbearer

Alhaji Shuaib Yaman, the Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the March 18 governorship and House of Assembly elections in Kwara, says he will leave the outcome of the elections to God.

Recalls that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had on Sunday declared that the PDP flagbearer came second in the polls won by the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, incimbent Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

The final results from INEC showed that the APC polled 273,424 votes while the PDP got 155,490 votes and the SDP came third with 18,922 votes.

Speaking with journalists in between series of meetings with the PDP members in Ilorin on Monday, Yaman said that he would not congratulate AbdulRazaq because the poll was fraught with electoral malpractices.

The PDP flagbearer also said that he would keep the decision to continue in politics or not within himself for now.

Yaman however disclosed that he would be returning to Kaduna to face his business.

“For the fact that political thugs were used calls for concern among Nigerians, especiall, among our people and relevant stakeholders.

“Voters apathy in the last governorship election was far greater than before, while the number of voters was greater than the presidential elections.

“And I think INEC has questions to answer on the electoral process too.

“Security forces were used against people and I wouldn’t know if they are real security operatives used against the people, while the APC monetised the elections.

“Our collation offers were chased away in many places. It is not even about the result declared by the INEC.

“I know one thing for sure that evil victory is temporary while that of the Almighty God victory is permanent. We leave everything to God,” he said.

Yaman, who was emotional and closed to tears while addressing the party supporters, also chastised some party members in some senatorial districts for their alleged acts of betrayal and anti-party activities.

He, however, admonished the PDP members and supporters in the state to keep hope alive, praying that God will repay their good intentions with good rewards.

“The spirit that keeps us should be kept alive. God will not repay your good intentions for bad. We need to recover from dark evil. We cannot afford to be led by incompetent and people who do not know what to do to lead. One day, our efforts would be beneficial to us or our children.

“Kwara will rise up again and our group will thrive. This is a moment to retreat and ponder. This is not the end. Let’s prepare for battle ahead. It’s not over yet.

“I know for sure that they must account for all the votes because they only ambushed people for election. These are people who had kept mute on what their plans are for people or for the state to benefit, but were only distributing money to buy people,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba
Forum | 20 hours ago

PDP Kicks As Police Officer Kills Businessman In Aba

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 20 hours ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 2 days ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam
Forum | 3 days ago

I Have All The Credentials To Become PDP National Chairman – Suswam