Census: NPC deploying 17000 personnel for exercise in Osun

Forum 1 year ago

Census: NPC deploying 17000 personnel for exercise in Osun

The National Population Commission, NPC, said it will deploy 17,000 personnel for the conduct of the 2023 census in Osun state.

It also said it has started meeting with communities where border issues are ongoing with a view to ensure a crisis-free exercise.

Addressing journalists in Osogbo on Monday, federal commissioner representing Osun, Senator Mudashiru Hussain said the commission decided to deploy adequate numbers of personnel to complete the task timely.

His words, “In Osun State we are engaging 17,000 personnel for the population and housing census for 2023. We have trained them including facilitator, enumerator and supervisor. A special workforce has also been trained which will be responsible for maintaining the Personal Digital Assistant gadget on the field. We have also trained monitoring and evaluation team and other administrators.

“We have started Enumeration Area Demarcation where we divided larger portion of the land into smaller units. This was done throughout Nigeria.

“We are ready for the census because the President has graciously approved 60 percent of Personal Digital Assistant(PDA) gadget from oversee and 40 percent for local gadget. We have taken delivery of over 70 percent of the gadget and before May we will take the delivery of the remaining equipment.

He added that to ensure integrity of the exercise, the PDA is programmed in such a way that it can only work where it was programmed to be used.

“The PDA have been geo-fenced which will reduce manipulation to the bearest minimum. It can’t work outside the enumeration area given to the enumerator. The exercise is defacto-based.

“We want crisis free census. We are going to embark on peace talk from tomorrow to speak with the people on boundary issues. Each person will be counted as part of the community where he/she reside to avoid double counting”, he added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Eid el Fitr: Police Car Set Ablaze By Angry Mobs As NSCDC Personnel Kill Woman
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Eid el Fitr: Police Car Set Ablaze By Angry Mobs As NSCDC Personnel Kill Woman

Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Court Removes Osun Monarch Appointed By Adeleke

Hotel Owner And Military Personnel ‘Torture Staff To Death’ Over Phone Theft In Imo
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Hotel Owner And Military Personnel ‘Torture Staff To Death’ Over Phone Theft In Imo

I Urged My Brother To Leave Celestial Church, Says Brother Of Slain Osun Priest
Forum | 2 weeks ago

I Urged My Brother To Leave Celestial Church, Says Brother Of Slain Osun Priest