Lagos poll: I don’t regret running, we fought good fight – Funke Akindele

Forum 1 year ago

Lagos poll: I don’t regret running, we fought good fight – Funke Akindele

Funke Akindele, popular Nollywood actress and running mate of the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), in the just concluded election in Lagos State, Adediran Abdul-Azeez (Jandor), has said she doesn’t regret running for office.

The actress made this known on her Instagram page on Monday, as she further appreciates her supporters.

“It has been an amazing and insightful experience on my journey to the ballot and I must say, it was an absolute learning curve for me.

“A lot of things have been learned and unlearned. I sincerely do not regret taking this huge step of running for office.

“I therefore want to thank the people of Lagos state for believing in me and supporting my decision to run for office. I saw every message of support online and offline, I heard of all the places where people supported me and challenged those who tried to discredit me.

“I remember every warm welcome during our campaign tour and the faith you all showed in me. The elections might not have panned out in the way we hoped, but it was an honourable run for us. We fought a good fight indeed as a matter of fact.

“I also want to encourage all who mean well for the Nation and the state of Lagos not to give up. I understand that some of us are beginning to develop some sort of apathy towards the system, however, if we do not speak, we would never be heard.

“I’m glad that we could at least speak up.

Thank you once again Lagos, for showing your daughter support. As I consider my next moves in life, I will continue prioritizing the good of the people and the integrity of my position as an advocate for the people. Eko oni baje!,” she wrote.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge
Forum | 5 hours ago

Man Bags Nine Months For Assaulting Lagos Govt Official Who Arrested Him for Failing to Use a Pedestrian Bridge

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend
Forum | 6 hours ago

Tonto Dikeh Gifts Uche Maduagwu Plot of Land And N2.5 Million For Being a Good Friend

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges
Forum | 9 hours ago

Lagos Govt Arrests 25 Suspected Miscreants, Including Lebanese Squatting Under Bridges

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 9 hours ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians