Plateau Election: Labour Party Candidate Concedes Defeat, Calls Gov-elect Caleb Mufwang

Forum 1 year ago

Plateau Election: Labour Party Candidate Concedes Defeat, Calls Gov-elect Caleb Mufwang

Patrick Dakum, the Labour party candidate in the March 18 governorship election in Plateau state has conceded defeat.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0c835b6d8f4176a0470a3cf9862a2445.jpeg

He conceded defeat and called the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Caleb Mutfwang, to congratulate him on his victory at the polls.

Results announced by INEC showed Mutfwang scored 525,299 votes to defeat his closest rival, Nantawe Yilwatda of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with 481,370 votes while Patrick Dakum of the Labour Party (LP) came a distant third with 60,310 votes.

In his call to Mutwang, Dakum wished him well as the next governor of the state.

‘’I have just called Caleb Mutfwang to congratulate him as elected Governor of Plateau State and pray Gods guidance for him. May Plateau be the beneficiary of God's blessings in the days ahead. The Labour Party will continue work for a better Plateau.''

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC

People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 3 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi Knocks 2024 Budget, Calls For Focus On Citizens' Welfare