Bauchi gov wins Dogara’s constituency despite opposition

Forum 1 year ago

Bauchi gov wins Dogara’s constituency despite opposition

Bauchi State Governor and Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Bala Mohammed, has won in all the three Local Government Areas where a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, represents, in his re-election bid.

There has been a long running political battle between Dogara, who is ending his fourth term representing the Bogoro/Dass/Tafawa Balewa Federal Constituency in the Lower Chamber, prompting him to vow to work towards ensuring that Mohammed was not re-elected.

He had come out to support the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar (retd), a former Chief of Air Staff.

Dogara had teamed up with some powerful stakeholders in the state including two former governors, Isa Yuguda and Adamu Mu’azu; a former Minister of Special Duties, Bello Kirfi; Senators Nazif Gamawa and Isa Hamma Misau; among others, in order to achieve his purpose.

However, he could not even stop the governor from winning the three LGAs he represented in the Lower Chamber of the National Assembly.

The results of the governorship election announced by the Local Collation Officers of the three LGAs showed that Mohammed recorded a landslide victory over Abubakar.

In Bogoro where Dogara hails from, Mohammed scored 16,589 votes to beat APC’s Abubakar who got 10,436 votes.

The Collation Officer, Maiyaki Gambo, announced the results of the election at the Prof. Yakubu Mahmood Conference Hall of the Independent National Electoral Commission Headquarters, Bauchi.

The governor also won the election in Dass by over 2,800 votes.

He got 14,471 votes to defeat his closest rival of the APC who got 11,596 votes.

The results were announced by the Collation Officer of the Local Government Area, Abdulrahman Abdulrasheed.

While in the last LGA, Tafawa Balewa, Mohammed had 35,100 votes ahead of his APC rival who got 22,928 votes.

Meanwhile, the results of 19 out of 20 LGAs in the state have so far been announced.

From this result, Mohammed has won in 14 LGAs while the APC candidate won in five.

The LGAs won by the governor are: Alkaleri (where he hails from), Kirfi, Bogoro, Dass, Tafawa Balewa, Ganjuwa, Itas Gadau, Zaki, Jama’are, Ningi, Dambam, Shira, Toro and Warji.

He is ahead of the candidate of the APC’s Sadique Abubakar with 112,587 votes. He scored a total of 445,155 votes, while Abukar followed with 362,376 votes.

Abubakar won in the five LGAs of Giade (where he hails from), Gamawa, Darazo, Katagum and Misau.

The New Nigeria People’s Party candidate, Senator Haliru Jika, came a distant third with 51,213 votes.

Jika who currently represents Bauchi Central did not win any LGA. He lost Ganjuwa LGA, where he hails from.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe
Forum | 6 days ago

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe

I’m Absorbing Insults, Tantrums Thrown At Me For Peace To Reign - Gov Fubara
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Absorbing Insults, Tantrums Thrown At Me For Peace To Reign - Gov Fubara

Gov Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Closure Of Markets In Lagos (Full List)
Forum | 1 week ago

Gov Sanwo-Olu Orders Indefinite Closure Of Markets In Lagos (Full List)