Election: Edo LP chieftain, Obaseki’s CoS differ over alleged attack

Forum 1 year ago

Election: Edo LP chieftain, Obaseki’s CoS differ over alleged attack

BENIN CITY – A chieftain of the Labour Party (LP) in Edo State, Chief Patrick Eholor on Sunday accused the Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki, Osaigbovo Iyoha of orchestrating an attack on him at the Oredo Local government area collation Centre in Urokpota Hall on Saturday where the results of the state House of Assembly elections were being collated.

But in a swift reaction, Iyoha when contacted, denied the allegation and said that Eholor came to disrupt the process of collation in the centre.

Addressing a press conference at his residence in Benin City, Eholor also carpted the entire elections from February 25th and last Saturday’s election which he said were compromised.

He said “I was molested in my state. I went to Urokpota Hall where they took the materials to after collating at George Idah, I saw the police standing, we were winning overwhelmingly but in that place, they were changing the results and I said this cannot happen, not when I am alive.

“But the Chief of Staff to the governor, Osaigbovo Iyoha, who was trying to subvert the will of the people did not do well. Before I could say jack at the collation centre, Osaigbovo ordered his thugs to take me out, take him out means kill him, but there was one Austin V Boot who stopped them from harming me, he hurriedly took me to the car and told me to leave, the police were there and they did nothing, I sent a message to the Commissioner of Police and he told me he didn’t have network and I believe he was compromised but I am going to take this to higher authorities to ensure that I get justice”

But Iyoha said “I am shocked at this allegation which ordinarily should not merit a response. However, we were at the collation centre and I was assisting in collating the result of my ward, I was engrossed in the process and suddenly I started hearing grumblings and noises I was forced to look up then I saw that somebody was being pushed out and he was shouting, but to ensure that there was peace, I immediately told somebody to help calm the situation and I am shocked he is now holding me responsible.

“If I may ask, was he supposed to be in that place at that time of the election? There are laws guiding elections and in a collation centre, there are regulations guiding who should be there and how they should conduct themselves so was he expected to be there at that time? He is only making unfounded allegations against me.” He said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School
Forum | 1 hour ago

OAP Dotun Calls Out Alleged Bullies While He Was In Secondary School

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 1 hour ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties
Forum | 2 hours ago

Producer Napji Calls Out Davido Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun
Forum | 21 hours ago

Babcock University Professor Killed, Two Abducted As Gunmen Attack Event Centre In Ogun