I look out for talent, luck when signing artistes – Don Jazzy

Forum 1 year ago

I look out for talent, luck when signing artistes – Don Jazzy

Nigerian music executive, Michael Collins Ajereh aka Don Jazzy has opened up on the selection process when he wants to sign an artiste he looks out for a talented person.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9fbac01e7fa40a1d77e56c427b2b1a6d.png

He also said that in addition to talent, the lucky person must have good luck and be adequately prepared.

The Mavin Records boss made this known during an interview with media personality, Hauwa Magaji, where he also said that his signees must be consistent with showing themselves before and after stardom.

Don Jazzy said; “I look out for talent, luck, preparation, and being at the right place at the right time. Showcasing yourself is also important, even after someone discovers you.”

Speaking on whether he feels bad about being taken advantage of, he said; “(American rapper) Kanye West says if you cannot use somebody and somebody cannot use you, you are useless. I am grateful that I can be used actually.

That means I am valuable enough to be used for something. I feel like if people can reach out to me for something that they need; it means I am valuable.”

On how he combines his private and social life, Don Baba J said; “I am not supposed to be an artiste. I and the camera don’t agree. However, I am better now. I actually prefer social media platforms such as Tiktok and Instagram.

I turn down public speaking invitations all the time. If the people in the room are just about 20 or 30 people, and it is a question and answer session, I can do it. I don’t even like going live on Instagram.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 2 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 2 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

Forum | 4 days ago